Well, here we are in summer mode and I am already making my plans for my cute little firsties!! I am all moved out of my preschool room (I have to say I am a bit sad to leave. That room had a lot of fun memories in it and I will miss all the space). I have begun cleaning and organizing my new room and trying to decide how I want to organize the furniture. Isn't that always the most difficult part? Do I want the desks facing the SmartBoard or the whiteboard? Do I want the bookshelf in front or in the back as a reading area? All of these are questions that I know I probably can't answer until I actually get in there with my students. But for now, it stresses me out a tad.
I do know from teaching Kindergarten that these little munchkins are going to enter my classroom and a) be sooooo nervous and excited!! and b) look around the room and realize that they are NOT in Kansas anymore!! The first questions will most likely be, "Where are the all the TOYS? When do we get Free Choice? What are all these desks doing in here? They are taking up all the PLAY room!!"
To ease this letdown of sorts, I searched on some of my favorite blogs and of course, Pinterest, to find some great books that will ease their little minds. Yes, first grade IS very different from Kindergarten. But we will make it through, my little smarties. We will make it through. And we will have a blast doing it!!
This photo is a little blurry, but you get the idea. They are all great reads for the beginning of the year jitters.
Which brings me to....JITTER JUICE!! This was an adorable idea from Babbling Abby. She reads First Grade Jitters, then introduces her poem that goes with it, and the kids all share this really fun drink that helps with those first day jitters. So cute, right?? I bought her whole Fun with Firsties Packet! on TPT and I am so excited to use it that first week!!
Remember who you are,
Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment